Software Localization on a Global Scale
Stepping into a new market is a challenge, no matter which angle you see it from. However, don’t forget to localize your content as you move onto the world stage. At Global eLearning, we’re well-equipped to adapt your current software to whichever region you plan to enter. With over 100 languages in our repertoire, businesses across the world count on our team to create accurate, culturally-appropriate software. We specialize in translating eLearning materials, but we can also assist with video localization, images, and much more. No matter your software localization needs, get in touch with our team.
What Is Software Localization?
Software localization is a complex process with numerous steps. But in short, it is the process of modifying software to a new language and different cultural standards. This might include adapting images, graphic design, and subtitles, among other elements. Depending on the content of the software, you may even want to make changes to the topics and themes discussed to better fall in line with the target culture. Fortunately, Global eLearning is here to help with all of your software localization needs. We can answer your questions and come up with solutions to problems.
Knowing When You Need Localization Services
When deciding whether to move forward with software localization, you may want to consider a few key elements of your business’s circumstances. First, ask if your current software will still be useful in another part of the world. If the answer is no, whether because of a language barrier or another factor, localization should be in your future. Consider if your content will be culturally accessible to the target culture. For example, certain peoples place cultural significance on particular colors. It’s a good idea to make sure common cultural norms are respected in your software.
Adapting eLearning Content and Much More
While the team at Global eLearning is seasoned in modifying a wide range of content, training modules and other educational materials are our bread and butter. We specialize in adapting all kinds of webinars, presentations, and training videos to ensure your employees have the education they need to excel at their jobs. Our team is here to make each training module accessible, understandable, and enjoyable to your employees in other regions of the world. Adapting eLearning content might include translation, transcription, voice-overs, subtitling, video editing, and much more.
The Localization Process
While each software localization project is different, much of our process will remain the same regardless of your unique needs. When you come to us for help adapting your software, you can expect the following phases:
- Evaluation of source materials
- Assessment of cultural, technical, and linguistic needs
- Initial translation to target language
- Modifying interface as needed for accessibility
- Adaptation of graphics, images, video, and more to adhere to cultural requirements
- Quality assurance
- Final delivery to the client
Benefits of Software Localization
Whether you’re adapting eLearning software or some promotional materials, localization comes with a slew of benefits. Not only can you achieve continued success at home, but you can expand to lucrative markets in other regions of the world. No matter your expansion goals, localization can help steer your progress. You won’t want to miss out on these advantages of localization:
- Hasten Success: If you don’t speak the local language, you have a much tougher hurdle to conquer. However, when you enter a market using the common tongue, you won’t have such significant barriers to entry.
- Recognizable Branding: When you localize your brand for a specific region, you have a better chance of increasing brand recognition throughout the area. Integrating your business into the local culture can go a long way toward creating memorable content.
- Improve Reputation: Localizing your eLearning and marketing materials shows you respect the local culture. When you’re known for such respect, you’ll find building a customer base much easier.
- Better Access: Improve your customer experience by translating software content into the local language. Potential customers will be more willing to choose your software when they can easily understand the material.
Get in Touch with Us
Whether you have software to adapt or webinars to translate, Global eLearning should be your go-to resource for localization services. We have the expertise to work with dozens of languages from across the world, helping to ensure that you receive accurately-translated content in a reasonable amount of time. Our experts would be happy to learn about your circumstances and recommend the best methods of software localization. Reach out to us today.
Learn how to create an effective eLearning localization strategy that will engage your target audience, increase comprehension, and provide Learning & Development content in their native language. This free ebook includes answers to questions like:
- What is the ROI of Localization?
- What’s the difference between Localization, Translation & Globalization?
- Answers to the 3 Biggest Challenges for Localization
- How to Create Engagement in a Completely Different Culture
- Understanding How Cultures Learn Differently